Donuts are delicious. Burgers are delicious. Why not put them together?
We only wish that we could have thought of it first. We decided to try out several renditions of burgers and donuts combined to see which one tastes the best. There were definitely some horrible concoctions that came our of this test kitchen segment but we did find if you’re looking to make a donut burger simple is better. As sauces, toppings, and other flavors come into play it can really destroy the dish.
- ½ lb 80/20 Hamburger Beef
- 3 Glazed Donuts (Krispy Creme)
- Pan seared pan
- Press out 2¼ pound patties of ground beef. Place a Krispy Kreme Donut on top of one and cover the other and seal shut.
- Pan sear on both sides until cooked through.
- Put your donut stuffed burger in between two Krispy Kreme donuts and dive in.