Lets tap into our New York southern Louisiana Cajun Style roots and create my favorite sandwich into a deep fried delicious Po Boy sub. We used Hampton Creek Cholesterol Free JustMayo as a way to make us feel less horrible for consuming this masterpiece.
500 Calories per Half
Prep: 5 minutes
Freeze: Approx 30 minutes
Fry @ 350°F: Approx 2 minutes
- Hoagie Sub Roll
- 2 Small Cans Tuna
- Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- JustMayo - Mayonnaise
- JustMayo - Sriracha
- JustMayo - Truffle
- Green Leaf Lettuce
- Salt, Pepper, Cajun Seasonings
- Deep Fryer: http://amzn.to/1MRHIG5
- Combine 2 small cans of tuna with roughly 3 Tbsp Mayonnaise, a dash of salt, pepper and 1 tsp of Cajun Seasoning and mix.
- *If your mixture is too wet, add breadcrumbs to stiffen it up*
- Make about 1-1/2 inch balls and roll it into the breadcrumbs until fully coated.
- Lay on parchment sheet and freeze for at least 30 minutes or until firm.
- We toasted our roll and spread on a layer of Truffle Mayonnaise, green leaf lettuce, tomatoes with some salt & pepper and pickles.
- Deep fry the tuna balls @ 350°F for just a few minutes until you get the color you want. They are delicate so don't shake the basket, just let them fry.
- Now layer at least 4 of these onto our sandwich and then finish it off with a drizzle of Sriracha Mayonnaise.
- Share this sandwich by cutting it in half and you have a very satisfying lunch.