Deep Fried Bacon Wrapped Burger
If you've ever wanted to test the limits of your gal bladder then I recommend eating this burger on the regular. This is a HellthyJunkFood original taking your food porn cravings to the next level. Enjoy.
Prep: 10 minutes
Bake @ 400°F: 18-20 minutes
Grill @ 325°F: 8 minutes
Fry @ 365°F: 4 minutes
Serving Size 1 Burger
Total Fat 73g
Total Carbs 62g
Dietary Fiber 7g
- Bake Bacon. Don't over cook the shit. Make sure it's still pliable, but not raw because that's gross. If you choose thick cut like a boss, it should take between 18 - 20 minutes at 400°F.
- Grab two 1/4 lb balls of ground beef and flatten them into a circle.
- Slice up 4 cubes of sharp cheddar cheese and place it in the center of one of the burger patties and then place the other burger patty on top pinching the edges together.
*NOTE* if you don't want the burger to separate you must compact the meat with the cheese removing as much air as possible.
- Season your beef with salt & pepper and grill it for about 4 minutes per side on medium high heat. If you like your burgers more done, add a few minutes per side.
- Let your burger rest until it is manageable, so you can wrap the bacon around the burger. We wrapped it around like a tornado using tooth picks to hold the bacon in place. This took about 8 strips of bacon to fully wrap.
- Now toss the burger in flour so that the egg has something to latch itself to. Then generously rub a beaten egg all over the burger and finish it off in bread crumbs. At this point, you should not be able to see anything but breadcrumbs.
- Freeze this for at the very least 30 minutes. You want it to be firm enough so that when you take the tooth picks out it doesn't fall apart.
- Deep fry at 365°F for 4-5 minutes or until the color looks golden brown. Everything else is cooked, so we really just want to get that breading mixture to get a nice color and texture.
- During this process we are preparing our grilled cheese, but instead of using butter on the bread, we used mayonnaise. It provides a much richer flavor and texture and is grandma recommended and approved. For the cheese, I decided to use Swiss because I think it goes well with offsetting the power coming from the cheddar on the inside.
- To stack this thing up, we went with a layer of lettuce and tomato on the base, then the giant deep fried turd followed by some more bacon and a drizzle of barbecue sauce.
- Cut this thing in half and enjoy the many delicious layers. If you fried it enough the cheese should ooze out of this thing, which only adds to the amazingness of this epic burger.
*NOTE* remember to only take 1 bite for the hellth of it, or else you will be taking two bites to the hospital.
Disclaimer: Nutrition Facts are estimated through MyFitnessPal and should act as a general guideline and in no way represent any actual facts.