The Deep Dish Pizza versus is on and we’re competing to see who can make the best one. Only rule is is we can’t use anything other than our Lenovo to help us. Turns out it was super helpful in teaching JP about deep dish pizza and bringing us an incredible focaccia recipe for Julia’s dough.
Julia’s deep dish pizza is made with focaccia for the crust, homemade robust and rustic red sauce, and fresh classic toppings including sausage, green peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Reminiscent of Julia’s favorite Chicago style deep dish pie. This is so good it brought us back to Chicago in each bite.
264 Calories per Slice
- 2 teaspoons rapid-rising dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3½ to 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Cornmeal, for dusting
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoon good quality olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- a few cranks of fresh-ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed
- Optional: 2 tablespoons Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Green Peppers
- Start by making your foccacia dough, let rise.
- While the dough rises make the pizza sauce by draining the water out of the can of tomatoes and combining all of the ingredients. Let sit for at-least 10 minutes before use.
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Build the pizza with the dough, mozzarella cheese slices covering the bottom of the crust and the sides, red sauce, toppings.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes.
- Dig in!!
JP’s deep dish pizza is made to be quick and easy and has great results. Grab up some pre-made dough and your favorite pizza ingredients and you’re ready to cook and that much closer to enjoying this recipe yourself.
315 Calories per Slice
- 1 Pizza Dough
- Pizza Sauce
- Deep Dish Pizza Pan: https://amzn.to/2QWqRg4
- HJF Apron: http://bit.ly/2Ez9Cz0
- Kitchen Aid: https://amzn.to/2L3imw0
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Generously grease a deep dish pan.
- Roll out pizza dough and place in the pan.
- Add pepperonis and mozzarella cheese then place another rolled out dough on top.
- Add pizza sauce and parmesan cheese and bake for 45 minutes.