Corn Dog Batter:
Corn Dog Batter:
Serving Size 1 Sandwich
Total Fat 38g
Total Carbs 50g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Corn Dog Bun:
- In a big shallow bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients for the corn dog batter.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk 1 Cup Milk & 1 Egg together.
- Now combine the two in the bigger bowl and mix gently until it starts to come together and then you can be more rough with it. Mix until it is well combined. No clumps.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes so I can do its thing.
- Meanwhile you can butterfly a giant hot dog. If you can't get a big hot dog don't worry nobody will judge you.
- Don't worry if the hot dog doesn't stay together after you cut it down the middle. You will need to put two tooth picks in it to hold it together anyway.
- Dust it with flour & then dredge it into the corn bread batter completely.
- Deep fry at 325°F for 3 minutes per side. Take out and drain.
- Add 1-1/2 lb of 96% lean ground beef and 1/2 diced onion to a cold pan.
- Let the pan rise to a medium heat and brown the meat.
- Add in 2 cloves of garlic and 1 diced green pepper and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Now add in your ketchup, brown sugar, spicy mustard, salt, pepper, cayenne, cocoa powder a dash of Worcestershire and 1 cup of water and let this mixture simmer for 40 minutes or until the water completely evaporates and you have a sturdy sloppy joe.
- Take one of your corn dog buns, and spoon on a generous amount of sloppy joe on top, sprinkle on some cheddar cheese and top it with another corn dog bun. Slice it in half and share it with somebody.
Caution: Consuming the entire thing is disgusting.
Disclaimer: Nutrition Facts are estimated through MyFitnessPal and should act as a general guideline and in no way represent any actual facts.