Picking up on the transparent chip trend JP & Julia head to the test kitchen to see if they can make it at home. In this video they create clear chips, black chips, and even try out a version with Doritos. The biggest hassle on this one is waiting so if you have a lot of patience we’d recommend you try this out. Either that or eat normal chips. They’re just as good or better.
- 5 Potatoes
- 4 Cups of Water
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Potato Starch: http://amzn.to/2FvFyRl
- 1 Cup Potato Stock
- 1 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 2 Cup Dorito Water
- Clean and cut a vent into each potato.
- Place potatoes and water in a pot with oil and salt.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 25 minutes. Cool.
- Drain the potatoes, keeping the stock, and reserve the potatoes for a different recipe.
- Let the stock cool and then sit in the fridge over night.
- In a small sauce pan combine 1 cup of potato starch with 1 cup potato stock. Bring to a boil, whisking continuously, until thickens. Pour into a squirt bottle. (if you want this black add black food dye)
- On a nonstick baking sheet, lined with baking mat or parchment paper, create circle chip shapes out of your mixture.
- Place in the oven at 200°F for 4 hours or until the chips are dehydrated. Serve.