Sometimes things just need to be converted into a sandwich. Like this monstrosity. If you like fried chicken and pot pie filling between two flakey buttermilk biscuits then obviously you’ll like this because that is what this is.
700 Calories Per Sandwich
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 30 min
Cook: 30 min
Chicken Pot Pie Sandwich
Sometimes things just need to be converted into a sandwich. Like this monstrosity. If you like fried chicken and pot pie filling between two flakey buttermilk biscuits then obviously you'll like this because that is what this is.
Author: Hellthy Junk
- Pillsbury Large Buttermilk Biscuits
- Thinly Sliced Chicken Breast
- Seasoned Flour Mixture
- Pot Pie Filling
Pot Pie Filling
- ½ Cup Carrots
- ½ Cup Celery
- ½ Cup Frozen Peas
- ½ Cup Onions
- ½ Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- ¼ Cup Butter
- ¼ Cup Flour
- Salt, Pepper & Celery Seed
- To make the pot pie filling, chop up all your veggies fine diced
- Saute the onions in one pan with oil and boil the carrots and celery in another pan with water for roughly 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft
- I bought steam in a bag frozen peas, so I just microwaved mine. It's peas... If you want fresh then do you.
- When the onions are soft melt a ¼ stick of butter and then slowly add in flour and whisk.
- Add in ½ Cup Milk & 1 Cup Chicken Stock, Salt, Pepper & Celery Seed and bring mixture to a boil
- Let simmer for about 15 minutes or until thickens.
- Once the vegetables are soft, drain the remaining water and add it to the gravy sauce along with the frozen peas
- For the buttermilk biscuits they were just not big enough to cover a chicken sandwich, so I flattened them out with my hand until double in size.
- Bake according to the directions on the tube. Mine were 350°F for 15-20 minutes. I found out that 17 minutes was the perfect amount of time for my oven for what it's worth.
- Lastly the chicken! It's simple. Just toss the thinly sliced chicken into your buttermilk and then into a seasoned flour mixture and deep fry for 5-6 minutes at 365°F.
- Stack the sandwich up with a biscuit, pot pie filling, chicken, more pot pie filling and another biscuit.
Hellthy Nutritional Information
Serving size: 1 burger Calories: 700 Fat: 30g Saturated fat: 3g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 50g Sugar: 5g Sodium: 1,800mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 50g Cholesterol: 100mg