Pot Pie Filling
Serving Size 1 Sandwich
Total Fat 30g
Total Carbs 50g
Dietary Fiber 5g
- To make the pot pie filling, chop up all your veggies fine diced
- Saute the onions in one pan with oil and boil the carrots and celery in another pan with water for roughly 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft
- I bought steam in a bag frozen peas, so I just microwaved mine. It's peas... If you want fresh then do you.
- When the onions are soft melt a 1/4 stick of butter and then slowly add in flour and whisk.
- Add in 1/2 Cup Milk & 1 Cup Chicken Stock, Salt, Pepper & Celery Seed and bring mixture to a boil
- Let simmer for about 15 minutes or until thickens.
- Once the vegetables are soft, drain the remaining water and add it to the gravy sauce along with the frozen peas
- For the buttermilk biscuits they were just not big enough to cover a chicken sandwich, so I flattened them out with my hand until double in size.
- Bake according to the directions on the tube. Mine were 350°F for 15-20 minutes. I found out that 17 minutes was the perfect amount of time for my oven for what it's worth.
- Lastly the chicken! It's simple. Just toss the thinly sliced chicken into your buttermilk and then into a seasoned flour mixture and deep fry for 5-6 minutes at 365°F.
- Stack the sandwich up with a biscuit, pot pie filling, chicken, more pot pie filling and another biscuit.
Disclaimer: Nutrition Facts are estimated through MyFitnessPal and should act as a general guideline and in no way represent any actual facts.