215 Calories per Slice
- I bought pre-made dough that has already risen. You can make the dough yourself, it will add a lot more time and possibly not taste as good. That is completely up to you. With that being said, with the pre-made dough you still have to form it into a round pizza shape.
- This technique of tossing the dough is easier to represent watching my video (or other videos online). Your knuckles are going to be doing most of the work to stretch out the dough from the inside out.
- Spray down a pizza pan with oil and sprinkle cornmeal. Cornmeal is clearly optional, but I like it so that's why I'm adding it.
- We're going to stuff the crust with marinara sauce, so we'll need to extend the dough past the pan so we can fold it over. Make sure that the dough is pressed firmly down after folding over the sauce so it doesn't open back up in the oven.
Toppings, Seasonings & Bake
- Melt butter & garlic paste into a dish and brush this mixture onto our dough generously.
- Sprinkle dried oregano and parmesan cheese onto the crust. Why? Because it adds texture, color and flavor, plus aesthetically it will look really pretty. And humans are unconsciously superficial when it comes to the look of food. It's true, we are.
- Now we're going to add our toppings, starting with the pesto, then the peppers & chicken and cover with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is fully melted.
Variations on this recipe are allowed but not recommended.