These things tend to come and go from Burger King and it always upsets me because I really love them a lot. So in case you’re craving chicken in an odd shape then make these at home with this awesome recipe!
270 Calories Per Serving
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 3 min
- 1 lb Ground Chicken
- Seasoned Flour
- 2 Eggs
- Shake & Bake
- Dipping sauces of your choice
- Take the ground chicken and form it into a ball. Then roll it out like you would playdough or something until it turns into a long skinny turd. The ground chicken does not need to be seasoned as long as you don't get pure white breast meat.
- Now lay out your breading station which consists of the seasoned flour, eggs & shake & bake in there separate dishes. You can use Italian breadcrumbs as a substitute for shake and bake, but honestly these came out almost spot on to the real thing and the coating primarily make the difference.
- Gently roll your chicken turd into the flour, then the egg and lastly rest the turd into the shake and bake mixture and use a spoon to coat the chicken. If you use your hands you will accumulate a lot of the breadcrumbs because your hands will be sticky from the eggs. This will result in not utilizing the maximum breadcrumb ratio to bag you could potentially have.
- Place your breaded uncooked chicken fries onto some nonstick paper and place in your freezer for approximately 2 hours or until hardened. You can risk placing them directly into the deep fryer, but your results may suffer.
- Get your deep fryer pre-heated to 365°F and fry for about 2-3 minutes. These cook relatively quickly due to their size and girth.
- Lay out on a wire rack for optimal grease draining efficiency and crispy goodness.
- I ate mine with barbecue sauce because it's a chicken fry and I'm a boss.
Total Fat 17g
Potassium - mg
Total Carbs 18g
Dietary Fiber 3g