Buffalo Wing Sauce
415 Calories per Serving
Step 1: Make Buffalo Wing Sauce
- In a small pot, combine ingredients listed above and heat until butter is melted and ingredients are mixed thoroughly
Step 2: Make Pulled Chicken
- This method can be achieved by slow cooking (best method), pressure cooking, stove top simmer or microwave.
- Stove top simmer involves a pan with some water on low heat for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- The microwave method involves a microwave save dish (glass dish) and submerged chicken in water. Cook on High for 10-12 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Once your chicken has been cook thoroughly, I actually just use my hands to pull the chicken apart, very similar to how you pull string cheese.
- Toss the chicken into a bowl and pour approximately 1/2 Cup of your buffalo wing sauce and mix the chicken into the sauce
- Season the chicken with salt & pepper
Step 3: Bread & Fry
- Fill each wonton with approximately 1 Tbsp of Pulled Chicken or whatever appears to fit nicely
- Add just a sprinkle of Shredded Cheddar Cheese or Crumbly Bleu... or both! Whatever you prefer. Wet your finger with water and seal up the wonton much like you would an envelope how you have to wet that sticky thing in order for it to seal... Same thing here
- Get a shallow pan with a 1/2 Cup of Flour, 1 Tsp Garlic Powder, 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper, 1 Tsp Black Peper & 1 Tsp Salt and mix it all up
- Beat an egg in a small bowl or shallow pan
- Dip the sealed wonton into the egg mixture and then into the flour mixture. Repeat this 12 times
- Get a frying pan or deep fryer with oil and set it to 365°F or medium heat. Fry each wonton until golden brown on both sides. This will take approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Plate with garnish, celery stalks and a ramequin of bleu cheese dressing and the remaining buffalo wing sauce.
- Eat it and take a nap.
Variations on this recipe are allowed but not recommended. These things are incredible. Only thing I would do differently is get bigger wonton's like the Egg Roll wontons so I can have beefier wontons with more chicken and shit inside. YUM.
I always say a video says everything. If you have trouble following this recipe, please watch the link below for a very detailed description! Enjoy :)