In search for fun Halloween treats to make, we found the Flamin’ Hot Mac & Cheese Cone on Foodbeast. This new foodie treat, being sold at Disneyland, is something that should be brought home to all. In recreating this dish, we thought why not switch it up by flipping the cones color with the mac and cheese. So you’ll see two recipes… Feel free to only make one at home but we’re here to tell you that that’s just not as fun.
- Take your pizza dough on a floured surface, add several drops of orange food dye, knead into your dough until the dough is orange. Let rise in a greased covered bowl by a warm surface for at least an hour. Repeat with other dough with black food coloring. Use gloves to avoid staining your hands. Feel free to make your dough from scratch and add in food dye while mixing.
- Take about one and half feet of tin foil and shape into a cone. Repeat for the amount of cones you plan on baking.
- Cut dough into quarters and roll into a long cord. Grease your tin foil cone and starting from the bottom, wrap your dough around the cone. Press together to make sure the dough does not fall apart. Place upside down on a prepared backing sheet. Repeat.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the bread is 200°F. Take out of the oven and cool.
- While your cones are baking make your macaroni and cheese by boiling salted water, toss in your noodles, and follow box directions. After the pasta has been cooked, and has been drained, use the same pot to make your cheese sauce.
- At medium high head whisk together butter and flour, for about 2 minutes. Then add your heavy cream and salt. Once your base starts to boil add in your cheese. If you want to make your cheese sauce spicy add hot sauce and/or cayenne pepper.
- Take half of the cheese and place it into a separate pot. Add orange food dye to one and black food dye to the other. Add your cooked pasta to the cheese and stir.
- In a food processor, or in a bag by hand, crush Flaming Hot Cheetos, or any derivative spicy chip for a topping on your cone.
- Build your black cone with orange mac an cheese and top it off with your Flaming Hot Cheetos. The orange cone will be stuffed with the black mac and cheese, topped with your reserved orange cheese sauce, and Flaming Hot Cheetos. There you have it! A Disneyland Halloween treat made at home.