Big Ass Monte Cristo
So this is a Julia & David creation off the traditional Monte Cristo. I had a request from Matthew Andrews to make a Big Ass Monte Cristo, so that's what we did. HeLLthy Junk Food at it's finest. Probably the most calories in any sandwich I've made so far. Directions: Eat on treadmill. Don't get off treadmill until 5 miles.
Prep: 10 min Cook: 10 min
French Toast Ingredients
Serving Size 1 Big Ass Sandwich
Total Fat 27.2g
Total Carbs 51.1g
Dietary Fiber 8.7g
- Crack 2 Eggs and add in other ingredients listed for French Toast and whisk. This is just how I made mine, you can do other fun things to it.
- Have a griddle or pan preheated to about 250°F [120°C]. I like my pan at this temperature so it doesn't burn the egg batter mixture and gives you more time to relax. You can crank it up, but I wouldn't go much past 300°F.
- Dip your toast into the batter and then place directly on the pre-heated griddle. Do this until all your toast is complete. I grilled my bread for about 3 minutes a side. Set aside on a plate to rest.
- On two slices of french toast, melt Swiss Cheese on one side. I used four slices b/c I'm boss.
- Turn your griddle or pan up to 300°F [150°C] and grill up the deli slices each 30 seconds a side or until a nice little grill color or w/e.
- Spread on 2 Tsp of Mayonnaise on 1 cheese slice and the middle slice
- Spread on 1 Tbsp of Strawberry Jelly on 1 cheese slice and the middle slice
- Stack this sandwich with a bottom french toast slice with Swiss mayo and jelly. Layer on 3 grilled deli turkey slices. Add middle french toast slice with mayo and jelly. Layer on 3 grilled deli ham slices. Top with french toast slice with Swiss.
- Throw back onto the pan or griddle at 300°F [150°C] and grill the sandwich again to get it hot and crispy again.
- Take off and sprinkle on some powdered sugar, slice in half, plate, eat, enjoy!
Disclaimer: Nutrition Facts are estimated through MyFitnessPal and should act as a general guideline and in no way represent any actual facts.