Beijing Beef Recipe
I've never been to Beijing, but God damn this beef is sexy good. With its velvety texture, the pieces just slide down my throat hole. Hopefully you can experience this as well providing you follow each tedious step along the way. Warning could be one of the "hellthiest" meals we've ever made so take your heart into consideration before consuming our version of Beijing Beef.
360 Calories Per Serving
Makes 5 Servings
Prep: 30 minutes
Fry Beef @ 375°F: 2-3 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cut flank steak against the grain into 1/4" slices, same thickness you get at Panda Express.
- In medium sized bowl add the beef, egg, salt & just 1 Tbsp of the cornstarch and marinate for 30 minutes or longer.
- While this is marinating you can prep the vegetables and mix the sauce together.
- After the beef has finished marinating, coat the beef in cornstarch with a light coating.
- Add enough oil to your pan to get a deep fry and fry these at medium high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain out your oil until you have enough left in the pan you want to sauté your onions, red peppers and garlic down with and cook them to your preference.
- Add in the sauce you mixed in bowl from earlier and beef and bring the entire mixture to a boil and then simmer until the sauce thickens.
- If you're having trouble getting it to the thickness you want, add about 1 Tbsp of cornstarch slurry at a time, which is a combination of 2 parts warm water, 1 part cornstarch until it gets to the consistency that you desire.
Disclaimer: Nutrition Facts are estimated through MyFitnessPal and should act as a general guideline and in no way represent any actual facts.