An all time after school snack favorite, the bagel bite, has been a recipe we’ve been discussing doing since inception of HellthyJunkFood. We figured while diving into this recipe we might as well make it giant because everyone knows you don’t just eat one bagel bite… until now.
Visit http://www.Bongiovibrand.com and get 20% using the
coupon CODE: HELLTHY17
- 1 Jar Bongiovi Marinara: https://www.bongiovibrand.com/
- 1 Block Mozzarella CHeese
- 1 Block Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Block Monterey Jack
- 1 Pepperoni Stick
- 650 g Bread Flour
- 1 Pkt Active Dry Yeast
- 350 g Water
- 25 g Augar
- 10 g Salt
- 10 g Baking Soda
- Start with making your bagels. Begin with activating your yeast by combining water, 250 g of flour, and active dry yeast in a the stand mixer bowl. Let proof until the mixture doubles in size and gets foamy.
- Mix together the rest of your bread flour with your sugar and salt.
- Set mixer to low and stir in the dry ingredients spoonfuls at a time until the dough pulls away from the bottom of the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let rise for one hour.
- Working quickly knead your dough into a giant dough ball. Return to mold and let rise for 20 minutes in the refridgerator.
- Pinch and roll the dough to create a whole in the middle of your bagel. Allow to proof at room temperature for an hour. Then refrigerate overnight to deepen flavor.
- Put water in a large pot over high heat and add in your backing soda until it boils.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Boil your giant bagel for 60 seconds per side. Carefully flip your bagel and then transfer to a wire wrack on a sheet pan.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
- While baking cut your cheeses and pepperoni into oversized cubes.
- Cool your bagel thoroughly before cutting into it.
- Top each half of your giant bagel with marinara, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni if you are going for the Pepperoni version OR marinara, mozzarella, cheddar, and monterey jack for the Three Cheese Version.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.