I see a lot of this fancy pull apart crap on Facebook so I figured I’d be a tool and do the same thing. Except with a simple modification of it being amazing. I can’t find an issue with having baconators stuffed inside bread, stuffed inside a cast iron skillet stuffed under mounds of cheese, beef and bacon… unless of course you’re weird. But I accept all types of people and you weird people will live much longer than me.
250 Calories Per Ball Sack
Makes About 24 Ball Sacks
Prep: 20 minutes
1st Bake @ 400°F: 20 minutes
2nd Bake @ 400°F: 10 minutes
- 1 Lb 80/20 Ground Beef
- 1 Lb Bacon
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Mozzarella / Cheddar Cheese Slices
- Pillsbury Biscuits (12 large cut in half)
- Salt & Pepper
- Vegetable Oil / Pam
- Press out a pound of ground beef on to parchment paper and roll it out thin. You can lay another piece of parchment paper on top and use a rolling pin to get an even layer.
- Then cut squares using a pizza cutter. We made ours roughly 1" squares, but we trimmed after anyway.
- Cook down a pound of bacon.
- Smash out the biscuit and layer with cheese, beef square, cheese, bacon square, beef square, bacon square and then top with ketchup.
- Once you get roughly 24 of these things full, fold them up into ball sacks and place in a greased cast iron skillet
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400°F.
- With your remaining beef and bacon, grind it up in a food processor.
- Top your cast iron pan with roughly ¼ cup of cheese, the rest of your beef & bacon and then top with another ¼ cup of cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400°F.
- Serve with a side of mayonnaise and ketchup to keep things traditional.