Did you miss the 10:30am bus for McDonald’s? No problem. Make breakfast at home simple with egg beaters and powdered Hollandaise! If you don’t like the fake crap, then you’re going to be spending more time in the kitchen
300 Calories Per Sandwich
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1 Plain Bagel. I used Lenders - 140 Calories
- 1 American Cheese Slice - 35 Calories
- 2 Slices Black Label Low Sodium Bacon - 80 Calories
- 4 Tbsp Egg Beaters - 33 Calories
- 1 Tsp Hollandiase
- 1 McCormick's Dry Powder Packet
- 1 Cup Water or Cream
- ½ Stick Butter
- The Hollandaise takes the longest time and requires the most effort. Basically you melt butter, add the dry powder packet and milk and/or water and whisk. I whisked until the mixture turned into a boil and immediately took it off the heat. It will thicken up really quickly. So keep whisking and use it on the sandwich soon after it is complete for best results.
- To make the egg, I used tin foil and folded it to make the same shape and size as my bagel. That way we can have that artificially looking egg that is to the perfect size for our sandwich.
- You do not have to use egg beaters, but for the sake of convenience or being wasted it makes it a bit easier.
- I love Lenders Bagels so that's what I used. I have yet to make my own bagels but I can imagine it taking awhile.
- I decided to toast my Bagels in the bacon grease after frying up some strips of bacon.
- To assemble, simply layer with 1 slice of American Cheese, the egg patty, bacon and 1 dollop of Hollandaise sauce. YUM!
Total Fat 31g
Potassium - mg
Total Carbs 57g
Dietary Fiber 3g